Professor McVey PhD, FRCPath has more than 20 years experience in blood coagulation factors (http://themcveylab.com/index.html). He took a degree in Biochemistry at Glasgow University in 1979, before completing his PhD studies at the Beatson Institute for Cancer Research. He held two postdoctoral positions at Middlesex Hospital Medical School and MRC National Institute for Medical Research (Mill Hill) before joining the Haemostasis and Thrombosis group at its conception in 1987 to pursue molecular genetics approaches to furthering our understanding of haemostasis. He jointly held MRC Programme Grant Core Funding with Prof EGD Tuddenham from 1990-2008. In 2006 he was appointed Group leader of the MRC Haemostasis & Thrombosis group. In 2008 he took up the post of Weston Professor of Molecular Medicine and Head of Experimental & Translational Research at the Thrombosis Research Institute (London). He has authored or co-authored over 100 peer-reviewed papers and many book chapters in the area of blood coagulation and haemostasis. He has established an international reputation within the field of haemostasis and is regularly invited to review manuscripts for leading journals and grants for both national and international bodies. He is a visiting Professor at Kings College, London, a communicating editor for Human Mutation and Thrombosis & Haemostasis as well as a member of the Advisory Board of the Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis. He has previously acted as a consultant to: Delta Biotechnology Ltd, Dade Diagnostics AG, Aplibio Ltd and GSK on the expression of blood coagulation proteins.
- World-wide inequalities in Haemophilia care. Things are getting better? January 19, 2021
- Outstanding technical progress July 15, 2020
- Too many Haemophilia A patients still receiving inadequate or no treatment January 26, 2020
- Paul Gerskowitch Joins PFP Board November 15, 2019
- PFP secures new investment of £2m to achieve pre-clinical trials October 30, 2019
- Press Release March 2015 – Penrose enquiry December 16, 2015
- Seed Financing August 20, 2013